附件：Attached is the general description of the project which the Visiting Scholar will participate, which is better understanding the role of exosomes in promoting metastasis in hormone refractory breast cancer. As a reminder, the candidate would have his/her own funding for all salary, travel, and living purposes.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To oversee the design and development of the research, and advising Xavier research students, in order to ensure research within the quality assurance framework of the University. To lead the development and implementation of the Dr. KiTani Lemieux group’s research strategy and co-ordinate research activity within the specific subject area. Specifically, the scope of work incorporates the use of human breast cancer cells and a range of bioassays to address the specific aims of the project. All research will supervised by Dr. KiTani Lemieux in the Division of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences in the College of Pharmacy. The funding provided by the Visiting Scholar will support all travel, housing, lodging, all living expenses, insurance, and ground transportation for the duration of this agreement while at Xavier University of Louisiana and in the United States.
• To lead the research project with undergraduate students at Xavier
• To lead development and implementation of research strategy of breast cancer metastasis project.
• To lead and co-ordinate research activity in the subject including determining relevant research objectives, and preparing research proposals
• To lead research and collaborative partnerships with other educational institutions or other bodies.
• To write or contribute to publications or disseminate research findings using other appropriate media.
• To seek practical application of research findings.
• To make presentations at national and international conferences and similar events.
• To carry out research and act as project leader supervised by Dr. KiTani Lemieux.
• To act as a referee and contribute to peer assessment.
• To update knowledge and understanding in field or specialism.
• To be responsible for mentoring the students’ research and training in Dr. Lemieux’s Lab
• To disseminate conceptual and complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences using appropriate media and methods to promote understanding.
• To be routinely involved in complex and interactions both within the College and with collaborators
Problem solving and impact
• To determine the final allocation of resources within own area of responsibility.
• To lead the development of new and creative approaches in responding to research challenges.
• To present data to collaborators
• To take overall responsibility for health and safety in own areas of responsibility.
• To ensure that appropriate risk management processes are operational.
• To understand and apply the principles of equality of opportunity to all